Steet Toyota of Yorkville, NY Has a Great Selection of New Toyota Highlander Models
If you're looking for a handsome, midsize family SUV that's versatile, reliable, durable and safe, you need look no further than the Toyota Highlander. The Highlander stands out in a crowded field thanks to standard safety features that are unmatched in scope, a flexible and well-designed interior with great cargo space, and engine options that range from fuel-efficient to powerful, depending on your preference and needs.
Safety is a Toyota hallmark, and the automaker continues to push the industry toward including more and more driver assist and passenger protection systems as standard fare. Every Highlander, regardless of trim level, now has Toyota Safety Sense Plus (TSS-P). This includes innovations like Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist; Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) to maintain a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead; the Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD) which uses millimeter-wave radar for shape recognition; and Automatic High Beams that can pick up oncoming vehicles as far away as 2000 feet and adjust the headlights accordingly.
Power and Performance
The base Highlander is equipped with a 2.7-liter four-cylinder that makes 185 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque, good for ferrying kids around town, doing errands and visiting family and friends. For more power, especially if you plan to haul a lot of gear or tow a boat or other trailer, there's the 3.5-liter V6 that produces 295 horsepower and 263 pound-feet of torque. It's good for up to 21 mpg city and 27 mpg highway. For the eco-conscious driver, the Highlander Hybrid combines the V6 engine with electric motors to deliver 306 net horsepower and great fuel economy: 30 mpg city and 28 mpg highway. All-wheel drive is an available option on the V6 models.
Features and Options
The Highlander is now available in six trim levels, including the LE, LE Plus, XLE, SE, Limited and Limited Platinum.
- The base Highlander LE satisfies basic family needs. Standard features include the Toyota Safety Sense Plus suite of driver assist technologies, along with a rearview camera, cloth upholstery, five USB ports (front and back), a 6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Bluetooth connectivity and a six-speaker audio system.
- Stepping up to the Highlander LE Plus trim adds tri-zone automatic climate control, foglights, a power driver's seat, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, a height-adjustable power liftgate, a flip-up rear window, and a higher-resolution 8-inch touchscreen, along with satellite and HD radio.
- The midrange Highlander XLE is very nicely equipped. It includes leather upholstery, a power passenger seat, a sunroof, roof rails, keyless entry and ignition, blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert, and Driver Easy Speak (projects the driver's voice through the rear speakers to rear seat passengers, so there's no need for shouting) and a navigation system.
- The Highlander SE is essentially a sport-tuned version of the XLE, and also has LED running lights, sport-themed styling elements and suspension tuning, and larger, 19-inch wheels.
- The Highlander Limited builds on the XLE and adds the LED running lights, heated and ventilated front seats different 19-inch wheels, rear parking sensors, a rear cargo cover, captain's chairs for the second row and a high-end 12-speaker JBL audio system.
- Then there's the Highlander Limited Platinum. You gain a panoramic sunroof, a heated steering wheel and heated second-row seats, a 360-degree, bird's-eye-view parking camera, front parking sensors and Toyota's Safety Connect emergency communications telematics system.
Steet Toyota has a great selection of new 2016 and 2017 Highlander models in stock here in Yorkville, and we have also have a range of incentives - including special financing rates and lease offers - that make it even more affordable to purchase a Highlander. Our dealership is located at 4991 Commercial Drive, and our location is close to the neighboring communities of Hamilton, Utica, Oneida and Oneonta. Stop by today for a test drive, or call us at (866) 972-5702 to schedule an appointment.